Friday, September 15, 2006

Legends of the Fall

Sweet title, right?

I am afraid I am a bit spaz prone. Last weekend was no exception. Just before kickoff, in a frenzy of anticipation for the New York Football Giants' first game of this young season, I leapt up off of the couch in my apartment and bounded toward the kitchen via dining room; screaming nothing in particular all the way, intent on jumping up and down and screaming nothing in particular while standing beside my lovely girlfriend, who was in the kitchen preparing hors de veures (sp?). Just as she turned towards the commotion, I strode off of the carpet and onto the hardwood floor and went.....vertical.

I went from running and screaming like a retard to being parrallel to and 4 feet off of the ground in an instant. It all happened so fast I didn't even have the time to break my fall with my hands (which is a good thing when you consider my right hand is currently broken and in a velcro cast thing). Mussolini's (my girlfriend) favorite part of the episode, which she was only able to convey to me after she recovered from a prolonged bout of hysterics, was the smile on my face; which remained there for the duration of the episode.

This is what football does to me. It makes me a retard.

Lot of great games this weekend guys. Tons of them actually. There is absolutely no reason to leave the couch from 3:30 EST on, tomorrow afternoon.

LSU v. Auburn- I'm going with Auburn here.

Tennessee v. Florida- I'm going to have to go Tennessee here. Urban Meyer is overrated.

Notre Dame v. Michigan- Give me a break. Notre Dame is going to wipe their butts with Michigan in South Bend.

USC v. Nebraska- Callahan's still got some work left in Lincoln. Nebraska's defense will not be able to account for the pro-style attack of the Trojans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you injure your wrist spanking it because Hitler won't give you any?

Anonymous said...

so let me get this right....

You do nothing but watch football all weekend, you love the sopranos, and goonies is a big deal to you.

I am beggining to think you must weigh at least 300 lbs, and are a huge loser.

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to think you're in 3rd or 4th grade because you have some serious spelling issues.

it takes some stones to anonymously respond to someone's blog. do you get teased in gym class? is this the outlet for all your rage?

are you threatening to stop reading and responding to the blog if i'm 300 lbs and a loser? cause i am 300 lbs and a huge loser.

-seamus