Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cross Your Fingers

A recently declassified intelligence document indicates that jihadists are being recruited, created and geographically dispersing faster than our foreign policy kills/neutralizes/stabilizes the region. This is a failure by Rumsfeld’s definition of success. Ok. So this isn’t really working is it George? Don't answer that.

Maybe we should just hope suicide bombers will get so overzealous that the rate at which they blow themselves up will compensate for our government’s short-sighted, ill-conceived tactics. Cross your fingers. We’re not winning the war on terror but maybe if we just stay the course, they’ll win it for us!

Yesterday, in Afghanistan, a bombing that killed 18 people and 12 of them were civilians. This brings me to another question: When are the peaceful, rational Muslims I am told exist going to stand up and do something for the sake of their own people? What's the worst that could happen? Speak up, you might die in a suicide bombing. Don't speak up, you might die in a suicide bombing.

1 comment:

Seamus said...

I was trying to distinguish between two evils. I do not mean to justify our presence in Iraq. You seem to want to justify suicide bombing because our military has no right to be there? The point of my [in bad taste] tongue in cheek blog was that I loathe and am afraid of finaticism to the degree on display in the Middle East. And I don't think our government's being wrong makes suicide bombers right or justified. To say they don't have options is crazy. How about....mmmmm not blowing themselves up for example? The fact that they're not willing to not blow themselves up is crazy. I don't know about you but I'm not blowing myself up for anything.