Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ch...Ch....Ch...Ch.....Ch....Changes

I moved in with my ol' lady last weekend. So far so good but keep your fingers crossed anyway my friends. Can't say I didn't see it coming, but it stung just the same when I was officially told- I think my arms were full of boxes containing her crap at the time- I was not allowed to decorate anything because, "We're not in college anymore." Unbeknownst to me, at some point since May of 2003, I gave up the right to create a decor within my own living space that conveys the sense of irony, toilet humor, laziness and ambivalence that I used to take for granted. Luckily for me, we have an "office" on the second floor where I've been granted free reign by my girlfriend, Mussolini. Basically, there will be a desk, CD player, computer, keyboard, and tons of random tasteless crap on the walls. Now you know where to find me during prime-time reality tv stupid-a-thons.

Moving on:

Some people don't like the early fall. I used to hate it. In the late 80's and 90's, I'm dating myself here, it meant going back to school. Now, the autumn is a time of renewal. Out with the old and in with the new. Most importantly, we are entering autumn and the nexus of the sports universe my friends; where the baseball season, college football season and the NFL season intersect in all their infinite glory....where for but a brief time, I am truly happy. Friends out of town? Too hungover to leave the friendly confines of your house or apartment? Friends all coming over looking for something to do? Completely lucid, refreshed, and energized because you didn't go out last night and as such, got a good night's sleep? Don't fret, there's a goddamn game on!!

Penn State visits South Bend on Saturday. Look for the Irish offense to rebound with a vengeance from their lack-luster performance in the season opener last week in Georgia.

Look for the Yankees to rebound from being blanked by the worst team in baseball last night. At least Mussina's back. I think he spread 4 earned over 5 innings. Not the kind of stuff that will teleport us to the World Series but encouraging nonetheless. I don't know what to say about the lack of offense....besides.... blame A-Rod.

For the first time at any level, the Mannings will square off on the gridiron at the Meadowlands on Sunday night. While I'm not crazy enough to predict Peyton be out-played, though it wouldn't bother me, I'm really just hoping for a win- something I'm also not willing to predict (and thereby risk all the credibility I've accrued through years of accurate prognisticating).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck. so let's hear about why you quit your job