Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Say What?

In response to "Vampire Weekend" anonymous said...

I love Vampire Weekend! Rejoice!
-hipster faggot


This was likely a joke by an incendiary Mallen or Kenyon.  But there's also the possibility that this came from Mike Lee who actually thinks and talks like this.  If he'd have actually read any of what I had written he'd have realized it wasn't necessarily a ringing endorsement.  Perhaps he was distracted by the patriotic country music blaring out of his boombox and into his heart.  

Also in response to "Vampire Weekend" Rycree said...

these guys blow.

Why?  Too whimsical?  Beneath this veneer there's actually some reasonably weighty social commentary.  Too popular?  Too "now"?  Find their wardrobe explanation disingenuous? Me too.   

Actually I would have said you didn't like Vampire Weekend long before you posted your comment.  You're one of a select few people that comprise a portion of my musical barometer, though our tastes vary greatly.  I'd say I can tell, with 90% accuracy, whether you'd like a band once I've listened to them enough to arrive at my own conclusion.  

I'm not going to talk about Vampire Weekend anymore.  

In response to "Once Upon a Time" Anonymous said...

putting family secrets on the internet for all to see
SHAME ON YOU :)

This wasn't a "family secret" until you revealed it to be so!  Initially I thought I knew who wrote this one.  As I cut and pasted it moments ago, however, another possibility popped into my head because of the way this response was phrased coupled with the emoticon punctuation. 

In response to "Glory Days", aluguel de computadores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

...What?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!