Monday, April 14, 2008

DVR & Stuff

Perhaps you wouldn't go through the trouble of DVR-ing a late night television show just to catch a certain musical guest.  I, however, would and do.   

April 14 - Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Though I'm apparently the minority, I liked Gimme Fiction much more than Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

April 19 - Saturday Night Live
I saw this performance when it aired originally, actually.  I was in an altered state, however, and cannot say with any amount of certainty whether my interest in their two performances was chemically induced or heartfelt.  I'll have another chance to find out April 19, I guess.    

May 10 - Saturday Night Live
From what I've heard, their new material is pretty wild.  Evil Urges drops June 10, I believe.  I think I heard something about the Boston Pops contributing to their new material.  For a taste of this dynamic's impact on a great song, check this out.  I've never heard someone so affectively sing and scream at the same time, veering so appropriately in and out of key.  This performance is a great example.  

There's a new Wolf Parade song.  Their new one's due out June 17, titled Kissing the Beehive.

No comments: