Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm Listening

Ryan said...
I think you were wrong on every single game...


This doesn't surprise me.  Does it surprise you?  If you're consistently good at predicting football games, you're likely some kind of quant.  And I'm no quant.  This guy is though.  


Seamus,
How bold of you to admit your fondness for Pooh. I would have loved to watch you and Michael sing Pooh songs...too funny!
Loving you,
Mrs. Holden

Bold?  It'd be bold of me not to, Mrs. Holden.  In this day and age, what's holding a 27 year-old man from openly embracing a cartoon bear with a penchant for honey and little boys who wear girl's shoes?   Wait...  


Tallent said...
The real question about Sarah Palin, is if she really farted at the free throw line during a high school basketball game?

Was this ever confirmed?  Because if this one was true, I pretty sure she's not qualified to be vice president.  Good thing she's not going to be.  I look forward to her spread in Maxim, though.   


Tim Curcio said...
Were you on the set of Footloose?

I fucking wish.  Kevin Bacon's my fave.    


Keats said...
Amazing amazing amazing recap of the debauchery that occurred that night!


I wish I could say I took creative license here.  Unfortunately, that wedding was the most absurd religious ceremony I've ever attended.  And that's pretty intense when you consider I've made communion (eaten bread magic to turned into human flesh), reconciliation (sat in a room by myself with an old guy I didn't know, begging forgiveness for "sins" that were really only the tip of an iceberg of youthful indiscretions that would have gotten me excommunicated on the spot), and have been confirmed (couldn't even begin to explain this one).   


Anonymous said...
Seamus, this is by far your best blog ever. I think you are getting the hang of this whole blog thing.
-Marty


I wish more of my life was this scandalous.  This crappy blog got 200 hits the day I wrote about that wedding.  Perhaps I should start watching Gossip Girl, change a little detail here, detail there, and pawn off various absurdities as autobiographical anecdotes?    


Tallent said...
I couldn't agree more with Marty, thats some good stuff. I wish I was there!


I wish you were there, too.  As horrible as the whole thing was, everyone should be so lucky as to be invited to a real white trash wedding where their fiance's life is threatened by the bride and both of her parents.   Surreal.  It was a privilege.  


Seamus...what a nightmare wedding...I promise not to throw drinks, dance too much or sing at all IF I EVEN GET INVITED TO YOUR WEDDING!!!
Mrs. Holden

Of course you're invited.  Duh.  I've heard you sing before though.  Your seat will be at least 40 yards from the nearest microphone.  


Mackin said...
Interesting songs. Fuck Buttons is growing on me. I think you need to hear this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHhhcKxflMY
let me know what you think.


I've heard this one before.  I think they played it on SNL.  I like these guys.  I just never feel compelled to get their stuff for some reason.  


ryan said...
WTF is this?


"Genesis", the song I posted, becomes really sick about 35 seconds in until approximately the 2:00 mark, when you realize the song isn't going anywhere.   


ryan said...
This is fantastic. Very nice. Did she let you mail it?


Unfortunately, no.  Marty and I even came up with a fake scenario whereby he stole the letter from the center console of our car, where it has been since the day I wrote it, and mailed it without my permission.  We tested the waters first by telling Moose this had already happened. She was neither fooled nor amused.   Ultimately, she has opted to take the high road.  I hate the high road.  


caitlin said...
the monkey project had these insect zappers that looked just like badminton racquet's, but emit an electric shock when you swing them and make contact with something. After a few drinks, naturally, we hit each other with them. Feels really weird if you hit your tongue. If those blue bug zapper lanterns are anything like those, the shock is fairly forceful but does not give you any burns.


My sister the academic, everybody.  She's very studious, focused, and inquisitive.  She's going to change the world.    


mike said...
i never sleep

Go to sleep, Mike.


james said...
After reading this I thought I'd be able to find a video with someone touching one of the large blue outdoor bug zappers. After a solid 30 minutes... nothing.  I thought for sure there'd be some idiot who's tried this.  Seamus, This could be good for the blog. Film yourself touching one of these things. It'll be the first on the information super highway.


I like it.  I'll have to keep my eye out for one the next time I'm at a barbecue in the burbs.  


Mortimer said...
Is that last one a new olympic event? The septuple jump?


Very funny, Mortimer.  Truth be told, I'm not sure why I included that clip.  Pretty impressive though.    

No comments: