Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Help Wanted

I am still looking for an adequate replacement for "that's so gay" to help me refer to all things stupid, lame, or uncool. Have been for quite some time. Apparently, so should Rebekah Rice:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070516/D8P57HG82.html

"So lame." "So beat." "Beet salad." "That's retarded." "What are you, Polish?" "Ho." "Nappy." "Moron."

See!? Those are all so gay! I don't even remember when, in my head, the word "gay" became completely unrelated to sexual preference, becoming instead an integral part of describing all things lame and/or stupid. Perhaps it's the fact that this has happened that has made me so intent on stopping it.

In a separate matter, though related to the link above, I find it funny that Mormon sexual practices are characterized as conservative. To the contrary, keeping numerous wives seems pretty "liberal" to me. I know this is likely a reference to abstention and all the requisite praying bullshit, and not to polygamy, but come on! These high school bullies need keep their eyes on the bigger picture! Sure, this chick might not put out now but she's potentially one of many future wives!

This message has been brought to you by the Church of Latter-day Blah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trying to use some low budget alternative is like someone offering you health food. "Instead of that delicious cupcake, why don't you try some organically grown carrots or bean sprouts dipped in wheat grass." That's fucking gay. Ps, I just finished eating some mini-carrots. PPS, package is in the mail, let me know if it's not there by friday.