Monday, January 07, 2008

Don't Order The Fribble!


Under the spell of a hangover, the likes of which I hadn't experienced in quite some time, Moose and I went to Friendly's for breakfast on New Year's Day, accompanied by some friends who were partly responsible for our state of being at the time.  

I gleefully noticed Friendly's offers complimentary happy endings to patrons over the age of 60, a feature detailed on the backside of the menu.  When our waitress arrived at the table, delivering half-clean silverware and asking us if we were ready to order, I inquired without hesitation, "So....I can't get the happy ending? Because I'm not over 60."  From the reactions my inquiry was getting from those seated beside and across from me, and likely from the tone of my voice, my joke didn't sail over her head.  She knew exactly what I was asking....  And she was down to party.  

"For you?"  She looked me up and down, "For you I'll throw in the happy ending."  

And so went the first of the year.           

No comments: