Thursday, October 04, 2007

New CD's

Yeah, yeah, I still buy CD's. Without a functioning computer, I'm left with little choice. Last week I went to Wilson's Market in Lexington, MA with Mussolini and her buddy, Stalin. They told me in the car that we could stop at Newbury Comics on the way home if I was good... So, obviously, I was great. Mussolini even sent me on a few errands on the other side of the market for me to prove my worth. Worth, proven.

I was given two minutes in the store. Naturally, I blanked on most of the tens of thousands of CD's I've been compiling on my Must Have List in the Saturday column of my desktop calendar at work.

My Morning Jacket: Z

I've heard this baby quite a bit in hanging out with my brother. It's a great goddamn CD. Thanks to the Federal Government and their stupid laws, it cannot be burned. That's ok though. I'll make up the difference on my tax returns this year. Wink wink.

My Morning Jacket: Okonos

Live album. Very Tight. What was very much apparent to me throughout my first listen is their ability to keep intact much of the sublety that rock bands tend to lose in the translating their studio stuff to the stage. They don't gloss over anything. Excellent attention to detail.

Eddie Vedder: Into the Wild (Soundtrack for the movie of the same name)

Still working on this one. It's a brisk album. Most songs don't eclipse 3 and a half minutes. It's paired down in sound as compared to Pearl Jam. This is to be expected, especially given the subject matter of the film that served as inspiration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dooood, where's a new entry...

PS, I heard Into The Wild wasn't the shit. (movie, not ST)