Monday, April 30, 2007

BTW, LOL, TTYL!

I need to apologize for the manner in which my entries have been particularly all over the place lately. Unfortunately, this trend is to continue, at least for today.

Sports
I shot a 66 on Saturday....on 9 holes.

Played tennis yesterday with a buddy who didn't even know how to keep score. I lost.

I read something about Joe Torre's job being in jeopardy because of an abominable April. This is ludicrous. While he has made some odd calls- like pitching Pettite out of the bullpen- you cannot blame the Yankee skipper for the way injuries and inexperience have decimated the performance of their pitching staff. Until his bullpen outing this weekend, Igawa had been nothing short of horrific. And while this past month has been a difficult pill to swallow, we must remember; it's still April. With any amount of luck, Mussina and Wang return to form and Hughes will be up to the task. Some quality starts from them and Pettite will put less pressure on their shaky bullpen. Despite what some would have you believe, Mariano Rivera's problems are rooted in a lack of control and frequent mistake pitches (cut fastballs without the late movement we have come to expect), and not in a decline in velocity. I think he'll come around. He just needs to work through some kinks. If anyone has the makeup to shake out of a funk like this, it's Mo.

The Yankees have lost 8 of their last 9. Of these 9 games, they've held a lead in all but one. They have used at least 5 pitchers in 10 straight games.

If you are a Patriots' fan, I do not know how you are not excited about the Randy Moss acquisition. This should easily put the Patriots over the top, making them Super bowl favorites going into next season. I don't even know what they did with the draft.....but I'm not really sure it matters. Merloni, Brady, Watson, Stallworth, Moss. That's scary.

I received a text message while I was in the car, heading back to Charlestown from my atrocious golf outing, when I received a text message from a friend; "Should we take Brady Quinn?"

A storm of confusion and wonder swept over me.

Should we take Brady Quinn? Brady Quinn has fallen far enough for the Giants to have a shot at him? Is this a joke? How could this happen?... We don't need him. We've got Eli Manning. We've got Eli Manning. We've got Eli Manning. We've got Eli Manning. Yes, we should take Brady Quinn!

Given time to think, I'm glad the Giants addressed their woeful secondary instead. A big, physical corner, supposedly Aaron Ross' only shortcoming is recovery speed.

Miami, in particular, will come to regret passing on Brady Quinn. Miami, stuck with a new coach, an injury plagued Daunte Culpepper, opted instead for Ted Ginn Jr. Big mistake.

Music
I've been through my new Wolf Parade (not to be mistaken for Wolfmorther or Wolf Eyes) album twice in the last two days. It's fantastic. Not an album that takes time and effort getting into. Effortless. I'll have to spend more time trying to come up with a way to articulate their sound.

2 comments:

Seamus said...

Whoa whoa whoa. I shot a 66 on 9. That doesn't make the cut for the yuppy card. Tennis is a great game though.

Ryan Keefe said...

Maroney....and yes the G-men should've taken brady quinn...i may start making super bowl plans now, beat the crowd.