Friday, March 02, 2007

White Lies

*Please do try these at home, though with much discretion. The method of which you are about to read was developed and performed by a master.

So a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, recently solicited my advice regarding excessive cuddling inflicted upon him by his girlfriend when he tries to vegg out in front of the television before bed.

We've all been on this boat. It doesn't take the post-sex malaise to make men crave a little space. Sometimes we just want to watch television sprawled out on the couch or floor without anyone touching us. Nothing personal. It's just the way it goes. We still love yah ladies, just not right now.

Previously, this friend had gone with a straightforward but unreliable approach: Gas. If you're lucky enough to have it, it's definitely a cuddling deterrent. But what if you don't? Do we, as men, have any other options? Must we spoon upon every whim?

My proposition:

Fake an injury. Or as I like to think about it, exhaggerate an injury. For non-thespians, it helps to exhaggerate an existing injury. This just makes the task easier. Once you're pretty comfortable with your routine, however, the world/couch is but a stage!

"Oww, my back!"

"My buddy punched me in the ribs. They're really bruised. I can't breath when you lay on me like this."

"I think I slept on my shoulder weird. You're too much."

You get the picture.

This approach has also worked, though with varying degrees of success, in avoiding housework.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another way to avoid such situations: Dont have a stupid girl friend!

If you dont want to deal with what comes with a live-in or sleep over girl friend, dont have one of them. Make sure up front that there will be no cuddling in this relationship. You are there for her pleasure during go time! Nothing more.

If you do happen to slip into such a position as stated in White Lies, you can always go another route that works really well for those no-touch men. As soon as they start to cuddle, say this, "Nice, so you want to get it on for a little bit? Sweet you start and after this piece on the NFL combine, I will jump in. Ready? Go!"

I promise this will make her never cuddle with you again. However, if she does say yes to the proposition, she will use cuddling to warm up to sex every time. Thats a win, win. You get sex, she gets her "cuddle" and no one is the wiser.

Or you can just be a bitch and pretend you are hurt. That will work unitl you have done it enough that she wants to find a real man who is not whiner. When that happens, you make sure to tell your ex-girlfriend where to find me. I will set her start on cuddling.

Seamus said...

Mackin,

you owe it to yourself and to me to admit that you desperately want a girlfriend. you're constant criticism is unwarranted and transparent.

also, it's typically prudent to avoid making fun of someone who's already making fun of himself