Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What is....and what should be

How come all of my nicest clothes aren't waterproof? Not only are they just not waterproof, they're actually destroyed when they get wet. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't 'nice' clothes be durable? It might help you feel better when you're trudging through the rain to think about how overwhelmingly miserable I am when I'm in the rain. The truth is, rain doesn't even bother me. Unless I'm commuting to or from work in it. Then, I'm practically bursting at the seems to break something or kill someone. This morning I was so pissed I smashed my umbrella in half just outside the threshold of my office building. This is especially pathetic when you consider I purchased the umbrella a half hour prior, just before getting on the bus.

Two entries ago I drew your attention to a Broken Social Scene song, new single off of their new album, which I believe drops May 4. Get on it. I haven't been this floored by a new song on the first listen in as long as I can remember. Actually, you can probably find that very sentence on this blog several times over the last couple years if you were inclined to look. So is this hyperbole? Yeah, but let's not split hairs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, as you can see this is my first post here.
I will be glad to get any help at the beginning.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)