Friday, January 15, 2010

Martin & Cathy

Went out to dinner with Martin and Cathy last night for Cathy’s birthday. I’m so banged up right now I shouldn’t be breathing, much less at work.

Just got off a conference call- 5 of us in an office with the door closed and I had CRIPPLING social anxiety the whole time due to this CRIPPLING hangover I'm blessed with. I couldn’t have been more awkward if I tried. Seriously. It was terrifying.

When the business development manager was going around the room introducing everyone in the room to the guy on the phone he got to me and realized he didn't know my name. He pointed at me and mouthed, “What’s your name?” But then I forgot it. I forgot my name. Or I didn’t understand the question. Or something like that. It was crazy. I just stood there with this confused look on my face trying to make sense of it all.

No comments: