Monday, January 08, 2007

What a Crappy Frigin Football Season?!

I got a new TV. It's sick. Flat pannel, LCD, HD, the works. I was actually a little worried to be honest. Before I got the HD cable box the coloring actually seemed a little worse than our former piece of crap TV.

Now that we have the HD feed through the HD box, the HD channels are fantastic and everything (even non-high def channels) looks a lot better. My only worry is the constant temptation. Aside from sports and the odd sitcom- The Office, Scrubs (yeah I know...I'm lame), HBO (which we no longer have), Discovery, and The History Channel (organized crime specials), there's not really much worth watching....or at least possible to watch without beginning to hate yourself. Hopefully I won't forget this. We got DVR too. Extra 5 bucks per month. My buddy Eric told me this has actually cut down on his TV watching because he records the stuff he wants to watch and spends no time surfing around just looking for something good amongst the piles of brain sucking shit. Still, I got the box just in time......for WILD CARD WEEKEND!

"Worthwhile" television almost came in the form of the Giants v. Eagles game yesterday afternoon. On the bright side of that fiasco, I hope, is the firing of Tom"pon" Coughlin. He's such a dope it pisses me off to even think about it. To the point where I'm fighting the urge to curse out loud here in my cubicle mere feet from people with the power to fire me. How can an offense that looked so cohesive and methodical for it's first drive just look so bad thereafter? I mean besides Tiki Barber. Don't even get me started on the penalties. Jesus fucking shit. Dick. Remember 1st and 30? That was enfuriating. al;sdfjaskljdfjaskldfja;slkfdasdf

When push came to shove actually, Brian goddamn Westbrook broke the Giants' back. And it's hard not to at least appreciate a little Villanova guy like that who turns in a performance of that caliber in the playoffs. Let's not get carried away with the pats on the back though. I hate HATE HAAAAAATTTTTEEEE Jeff Garcia, his doo rag, his hot girlfriend's fake boobs, Andy Reid and his real boobs, and Brian Dawkins and his Ray Lewis wannabe bullshit, more than the entire Boston Red Sox franchise put together! Trust me, that's a lot of fucking hatred.

But I digress, Eli either needs to study his brother harder than ever this offseason or embrace a regimen completely separate. Maybe he's putting too much pressure on himself in comparing himself to Peyton as they workout together during the offseason. I dont know. Something is stunting his development. Perhaps, and I hope this isn't the case, it's just who he is. Maybe that doofy "where the hell am I and what's going on?" look he sports on the sideline isn't the stone face we've hoped it is w hile trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it's actually the face of an under-achieving, dopey younger brother. He has the tools. Maybe he just lacks the fire?

They have to hire a coach with a clue this year. None of this faux disciplinarian crap. And how about a guy smart enough to realize the team's strengths and placate them. Most imprtantly, someone who'll get Jeremy Shockey involved in the offense early and often. How great was it when he lost his helmet and kept plugging forward as if his head were made of iron? That was classic Jeremy Shockey. On the sideline trainers were trying to examine whether he'd knocked his teeth loose and he shoo'd them away. The Giants need more of that. And I've said this before, GET SHOCKEY THE BALL IN SPACE AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

Tiki Barber will be missed. All in all, I think he's been underappreciated over the course of his career. Crazy when you consider he's played in the center of the media universe. He commands the utmost respect even from opponents. Even from the Eagles for Christ's sake.

Another football season, collegiate and professional, down the goddamn tubes.

I guess I'd like to see New Orleans come out of the NFC and the Colts or Chargers out of the AFC. I don't like Marty Schottenheimer or Shawn Merrimen but I love LT and I don't mind Philip Rivers (even though I might resent him a little bit as we could have had him but traded for Peyton's retarded little brother). I love Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy. I don't understand why people don't like them. I like the story surrounding New Orleans. I enjoy Drew Brees, weird birth mark/mole and all. And you're always a breath away from a jaw dropping Reggie Bush masterpiece. And like Corey Dillon for the Pats, Deuce McCalister remains quietly relevant. Actually that's probably an understatement.

Oh, and Nick Saban is a piece of shit. Have I mentioned that already?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now Mussolini can watch her reality shows in high definition. She'll see the degeneration of our society on a crystal clear screen. ps, I watched at least an hour of "Exposed" the new reality show on MTV where they have a guy or girl take two people on a date while they run lie detectors on them to show what's bullshit and whats real. What's really funny is that nine out of ten times the host person choses the liars over the honest ones. Blah