Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sssshhhhhhh.....Don't Tell Anyone

It could just bee the caffeine talking.......and having just come off reading the most recent Bill Simmons article but.......

I've been thinking about ending my hiatus from professional basketball and for a few reasons.....I've been thinking about embracing the Boston Celtics. Please allow me to explain in list format:

1. They're horrible. I couldn't be accused of being a fair weather fan.
2. I'm Irish, they're the Celtics. You understand.
3. I live [albeit somewhat reluctantly] in Boston.
4. When I was a kid, my favorite players were always Celtics. Larry Bird, Kevin Mchale, Robert Parrish, Reggie Lewis, Dee Brown, Joe Klein (jk), etc.
5. When I was a kid, my favorite team was the Celtics. For some reason my father was a Celtics' fan. May have had something to do with the Irish thing and the Great White Hope (Bird). It wasn't until I moved to Chicago at the beginning of eighth grade that I begun to embrace the Knicks (a strategic move on my part made to create drama/alienate myself from my peers.....who were Chicago Bulls' fans during the height of the Jordan v. Knicks era).
6. When I think about the current state of the Knicks it makes me happy I don't follow basketball.
7. I miss it a little bit. Basketball I mean.

No comments: