Friday, November 17, 2006

Big Weekend

So, anyone picking Michigan in this game tomorrow? Anyone rooting for Michigan?

I can honestly say I don't really care who wins. I guess I'd, by an ever so slim margine, prefer an Ohio State victory to a Michigan victory....provided is carries with it no negative connotations for Notre Dame's chances at the BCS title game.

Ohio State has the lowest graduation rate in all of college sports (or something very close to it) and I can't stand Tressel. I like Troy Smith and Ted Ginn Jr. I like that old men like my father don't like Smith, or at least are reluctant to give him the credit he deserves, because "He'll never make it in the pro's." I like freak athletes that play qb. I like that they bother the "traditionalists"/old people (aka my dad).

I can't stand Lloyd Carr. I hate Chad Henne (pussy). I like Michigan's uniforms though. Actually, the Buckeye's is a classic uni too. Neither compares to the home uni's of the Fighting Irish.

Ohio's a lamer state than Michigan for reasons in-articulable (one is hard-pressed to say much, good or bad, about either state)...but Ohio did produce Brady Quinn.....and his sister. You have to admire a program that consistently churns out Butkus Award finalists like Ohio State. This year is no different.

Ultimately, however, my attitude toward this game is best summarized by my dad's part in an exchange we had yesterday over the phone:

dad: So who do you like in the big game?

me: On paper, you gotta be thinking Ohio State. Too many big play threats on that offense while both teams seem comparable defensively.

dad: What? I'm talking about Notre Dame v. Army.

Go Irish!

No comments: