Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween with the Disco Biscuits

I am going to see the Disco Biscuits this evening. It is at this point during the day (1:00) that I begin to get antsy. There aren't many more viscerally pleasing live acts around today....at least that I've had the pleasure of seeing.

The show will likely begin as the previous two have. I'll share a few drinks with a couple friends; the show will start; I'll realize I've situated myself right in the middle of the most obnoxious crystal meth induced orgy fathomable, which will prompt me to bounce around in search of a spot where I can see the stage while beyond the reaches of the aforementioned lunacy.

...Then I'll settle in for the long haul. First, a little head-bobbing with a foot noticibly following along with the music as well. As the song builds toward it's climax, I'll smile and laugh to myself as the rest of my body joins the party. For the remainder of the show, I won't stop dancing (as if this even qualifies). To a sober outsider (the venue staff), I undoubtedly seem to be in a state of altered consciousness similar those of my counterparts who bounce, bob, and writhe around me. My friend's and I will occasionally bump into each other, smile and laugh at the sight of the other's "dancing", but we won't stop. Can't stop. Not til the whole thing's over.

It's going to be great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then the next thing you know you're grinding down with Pete Albert and you feel something wet on your earlobe. I'm going to my bosses house because I feel obligated. I don't think my Halloween is going to be as fun as yours. What's the name of that song that they always used play at The Red Barn?

Seamus said...

Strobelights and Martinis. Barry and i were praying they'd play it because it sounded possible when they played mindless drivel(sp?).