Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

I just started a new job.  Said job allows me to take mass transportation to work every day but requires certain sartorial formalities....   $1,000 some odd dollars later and I have a few suits but none of their apparently requisite accessories.      

Seamus:  I'm sorry but Italians are fuckin' ridiculous.  Say you're talking about some ginz from a major metropolitan area, he thinks  he's John Gotti.  Chicago, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, whatever.  It's a guarantee. 

Pete:  I gotta ask what prompted this?

Seamus:  I'm at a bar right now by The Charles River waiting for Moose because she organized - and I'm helping administer - the first ever Race to End Extinction, and this meatball sitting not ten feet away from me is at the bar telling a stranger how he knows "Joe Pesci, De Niro..everybody."  He then went on to say, "at no point in my life have I ever had more," in his best Goodfellas brogue.  

Pete:  Douche.  

Pete:  Good luck trying not to fight him. 

Seamus:  As if that's not ridiculous enough, he's talking to a Rasta.  An elderly, sophisticated Rasta. 

Pete:  Wow.  

Pete:  This is almost too good to be true.  

Seamus:  It is pretty crazy.  It's raining, I'm wearing a suit, I've had to poop all day (not comfortable enough yet in my new office to go number 2) and I don't have a London Fog or an adequate umbrella....  Rather than go home and doodly-plip-plop, I have to work the registration table at this race.  Aren't I the picture of perfection?   

Pete:  I can just say I'm sorry and glad i am not with you right now. 

Seamus:  This paison is now telling the other guy how he's never had Soul Food, and how he really wants to try some of that "jerk shit".  It is very much evident that they have never met before.    

Pete:  This is seriously making my day.

 

No comments: